Sunday, July 8, 2012

Creating Affirming Environments

My envisions of an Early Childhood Setting is one with bright colors, centers for learning, such as reading, dramatic play, etc. In order to full fill the anti-bias views, I would ensure that m setting welcomed each culture and had pictures, books, and toys from all cultures. I would also want my center to be very welcoming and a place that parents felt welcome to sit in on a class or just to pop in. I would have a big colorful rug for story time. I would also allow each child to pick a book each time. I would also do a weekly show and tell so that each child has a chance to bring something special to them or their family. I also would ask families to come in and talk to the children on diversity as we study differences and culture. I believe that it is extremely important to get families involved within the classroom and to me this would be a great way. 

Early childhood education is the building foundation for child's learning and I find it important to get parents on board early so that their children will form a love for education, change, and diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment