Saturday, January 14, 2012

Three Things

If I were every uprooted from my home country and sent some unfamiliar place and could only take three things I would have to take my quilt that my mama gave me, pictures of my family, and my bible.

The quilt that my mama gave me is much like a child's security blanket. I take it on all vacations and its the one blanket that I sleep with every night. I feel that I can sleep anywhere as long as I have that special  quilt.

The second item that I would take with me is my photo album with family pictures. Pictures are such a treasure and I love to look back on the "good times".  It always brings a smile to my face to reminisce on the old times, fun times, and my great family. I feel that those feelings would help me get through being in a foreign land and outside my comfort zone.

The third thing that I would take with me is my bible. The bible would show mty faith and help me push through the trials that I may have to face being in a strange land. The bible gives me strength to continue going.

If I was forced to just take one of the three items I would have to choose my photo album because the pictures can never be replaced and the other items can. If I was forced to let everything else go but still had my family photo album to flip through and remember where I came from then I would be able to make it.

2 comments:

  1. Andy,
    I understand about your quilt. I have a blue teddy bear named Blueberry that I sleep with every night. My oldest grandson gave it to me for Christmas two years ago. I was given a new one this year, but it is not the same.

    I think that photos would be the best reminder of the past too!
    Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,
    I also chose to take a bible and pictures. One thing that my parents held dear to, and lived committed to, were their Christian beliefs. I too share a strong Christian belief as my parents did. Pictures are surely a great thing to have they reminds us when there were fun times and funny times.

    ReplyDelete