Saturday, January 21, 2012

Culture and Diversity

The three people that I asked about culture and diversity were my husband, my sister, and my mother.

My husband said that culture is what makes a person unique and different. It is the core of the person and how he or she sees the world around them.

My sister defined culture and diversity as the backdrop of who a person is and where he or she originated from. 

My  mother defined culture as what makes up a person rather it be their gender, race, or religion. It is what makes the person unique. Diversity is blending many types of people together in order to form a common ground.

These definitions are pretty close to what I have been learning about this week. My awareness of culture and diversity has increased as I read more on the topic and gain input from peers, friends, and family on the subject.

2 comments:

  1. Andy,
    I enjoyed reading your blog! I didn't ask my family these questions, but the results may be interesting! You have given me the incentive to ask!
    Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,
    Your family's perspective of diversity and culture are very much inline with our discussion. I like the idea of asking family their definition of these two words.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete