Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The final good bye of 6164

This course on diversity has been a real eye opening course for me. I never realized that I was so close minded on so many things when it comes to diversity and people that are different than myself. One hope that I have when working with children and families from diverse backgrounds is that I will be open minded to their cultural and have the knowledge necessary to relate to them. A goal that I would like to set is to be as knowledgeable as possible when dealing with diverse backgrounds and to not assume that a person is this way or that way because of their backgrounds.


It has been a great 8 weeks. I have learned a lot from each of my colleagues and professor. I never thought much on what diversity entailed until this course. I thank each of you for your great insights and wish each of you the best as we continue to run this race that has been set before us. Best wishes and I hope to work with each of you in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Andy,
    I think we have all learned a lot from this course. I wish you the best of luck in the future, and hope to meet you in another class!
    Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,

    I agree that this course was an eye-opening experience as I learned more about diversity. First of all, I never knew so many -isms existed, nor what they really entailed. Our discussions on microaggressions was challenging but important part of me understanding how I was raised really does influence my perspectives of others. I hope to work with you in future courses as we endeavor to learn even more about ourselves and how we impact the children and families we work with every day.

    ReplyDelete