Saturday, December 3, 2011

International Research

For this blog assignment I chose to explore the Early Childhood
= \of Australia website. (www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org/au)  As I explored this website there were many research topics available-some of the ones that stood out to me the most were learning through play, diversity, childhood obesity and childhood health and bullying  to name a few. As I read the articles on childhood obesity/health and bullying, my eyes were opened up on these issues. It seems that of here lately these two topics have been hot topics for early childhood professionals. I defiantly enjoyed the site and will be revisiting it soon.

3 comments:

  1. Andria, as I commented on another classmates blog, this is a very important issue here in the United States and apparently other places also. I hope that the United States continues to research these very important topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also commented on this site. I liked it very much. It was very similar to the NAEYC site here. I really liked the way it was organized and the section on the way they evaluate their child care centers. There was also a section on child care reform and I was surprised to see how different they were from us in a lot of ways. Almost like they are behind on getting their centers and educators up to date on what is important. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting it seem as a quite of few of us chose this site it was very interesting to read about I really like the fact about the bullying how they are research to help all parties at an early age thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete