Sunday, October 16, 2011

Exploring Resources

While I was researching the NAEYC website, I found a link to the National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education. (http://www.ncpie.org).  The NAEYC has a wealth of resources however, this site caught my interest since it is on parent involvement.

The mission of the NCPIE is to foster relationships between home, school, and community to enhance the education of all young people. Parents and teachers need to have an open line of communication at all times. Teachers can encourage parents to get involved in different activities through the school, get involved in projects sent home with the child, Teachers can also suggest ideas that co-inside with the lesson of the day so that the students and family can interact and learn together. Parents are their child's advocate, so it is important that they get involved in their child's education and understand what is expected of their child.

I have not yet recieved a newsletter from NAEYC but I plan to research and read more about it so that I can have resources at hand. I am new to the early childhood field, so I soak up all resources that I can.


The insights that I gained from the NCPIE website was that parents are important roles in a child's education. I also realized once again that many times parents are not sure as to what to do when it comes to getting involved. The website offered many ideas that made it easy for parents to get hands on with their child's learning. The resources provide a wealth of information to parents, caregivers, and even to educators to help provide the best learning  environment for the children.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Andy,

    If you want I can forward my copy of the September NAEYC newsletter if you want. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive the October newsletter and October is almost over. I enjoy researching NAEYC's website that so many interesting topics. They are such a big organization that you can find wide variety of web links and general information on early childhood education.

    Amanda Stapleton-Tuhy

    ReplyDelete