Friday, April 15, 2011

NAEYC Code of Ethics that mean something to me:

Respect the dignity, worth, and  uniqueness of each  individual (child, family member, and colleague) This code is meaningful because if we respect those around us then we will be respected. Respect will get us a lot farther in life Respect   diversity in children, families, and colleagues This code is meaningful because it is so important to respect the differences within each student, family, and colleagues. Our differences is what makes us unique. The differences is what creates a unique

Appreciate and support the bond between the child
and family. This code means something to me because I find it important for educators to form a strong bond between the child and family. If the child and family feel connected to the teacher then they tend to be more likely to work hand in hand with that teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Treat those as to how you would want to be treated. I am a big person on manners and I stress manners in the classroom. When I address my children at school I always use manners to them. I model manners and most of time they develop manners in my classroom. I agree with you on respecting those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..yes...I am a firm believer as well on treating others as I would want to be treated. That reminds me of my grandmother...she would always remind us of this "golden rule."

    ReplyDelete